I’m aware of these awards and nominations from where I’ve blogged before and I was delighted to receive my first nomination earlier today, from anxious elephant, following her own thoroughly-deserved nomination yesterday.
First, here are THE RULES:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
2. List seven random things about yourself.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
1. Ellie (?) – THANK YOU! This blog hasn’t been running for very long and, along with the growing number of followers, receiving your nomination means an awful lot to me right now. 🙂
2. Okay, seven random things… As if I haven’t already revealed enough on this blog! 😉
1. This isn’t my only blog. My other covers one of my main hobbies (not discussed here) and is published under my real name.
2. I used to love computer games when I was younger but now, I rarely even have the TV on. If it’s not the local news then, it’ll probably be set to a DAB radio station (via. Freesat).
3. Just read this on another blog but I still bite my finger nails! It’s the regular habit it once was and I’m using my clippers more and more. I’m just glad I haven’t been able to reach my toe nails for too many years! 😛
4. I cut my own hair! Yes, using a pair of scissors and two mirrors. This may be anxiety-related deep down but, I also find it hard to describe how I want it cut (I had a ‘mis-understanding’ a few years ago where far too much was removed).
5. The main reason I didn’t do Photography at GCSE or A-Level was because my intimidating Art teacher also covered that subject.
6. My diet is fairly simple and I get excited about very plain foods like pasta and, yes, even bread!!
7. I have a small dog; a border-terrier/Jack Russell-cross. She’s already 14 and I know that the pain of losing her (when she does go) is going to hurt more than anything I’ve felt before.
3. Okay, this is going to take a while and I’m sure that some of these have already been nominated for this and other awards. But, here goes, starting with the two blogs that first inspired me to start this one (I’m probably a bit biased towards UK bloggers):
3. Hasty Words
10. Hello Sailor
11. MADD Suspicions
I’ve estimated that I read about three-times as many blogs and narrowing it down to fifteen was a lot harder than it may seem (I tried to stick within the boundaries of mental health bloggers and topics). In time, I’ll get around to notifying each of the writer’s above of the nomination I’ve given each of them. Each one of you deserves it, even if you’ve already been nominated for the same award. 🙂
Thank you, everyone. Considering it’s Monday, this no longer feels like a bad day at all! 🙂