Over on the horizon, there may be an opportunity for me to move out of mum’s home and in to a clean space of my own. I’ll only be renting but, if it all works out, it should prove to be more affordable than the place I was living in before this blog.
In an effort to get myself ready and organised for my second (potential) move in less than six-months (I’m hoping for a call-back about a viewing next week), I’m looking at the boxes of stuff I still haven’t sorted through. What can I sell. What don’t I need. What do I really need to carry with me to my next home…
This is one box of two and, I’ve just listed the contents of a third (old computer games and consoles) on eBay this evening. It’s been a while and I’d forgotten how exhausting the whole process of photographing, listing, calculating and generally selling can be! I’m glad it’s all up there, even though the same items are selling for mere peanuts (it’s almost insulting) in similar auctions. Even if I have to relist at a lower price in five-days’ time, I’ll just be glad to get rid of this stuff when it does sell as I no longer have any ‘need’ for any of it.
In that box above, there are a few out-dated games (football management sims that no man could want) so, I may need to find a service or means of recycling them (if I can’t give them away). Freecycle will be my next stop for most of the stuff in there, aside from the MiniDisc Player – I remember how excited I was when I got this; in spite of everyone else falling for their MP3s… I did list this (complete with around 20 discs) for only £20 last year but, it didn’t attract even a single bid! 😛
I don’t want to give that away but then, that’s part of the reason I’ve held on to so much stuff – I no longer ‘value’ it for my own needs but, I see significance in the price tag that I can visualise.
There’s also a box of unused, budget printer ink cartridges in that box, for a printer my mum scrapped two years ago. I can recycle the old phone and find a new home for the Nerf gun. Taking things one box at a time. 🙂
- Organize & Declutter: 40 Bags in 40 Days Challenge (inspiredbyfamilymag.com)
- Keep or Toss: Questions & Tips to Help You Declutter (apartmenttherapy.com)
- I decluttered to reclutter just in time for Christmas! (stephaniegetsridofhercrap.wordpress.com)
- Decluttering! (lipstickandchaos.wordpress.com)
- How to Get Rid of Stuff and Declutter Your Life (mytowncryer.com)
- Declutter to Love your Space Again (meccinteriors.wordpress.com)
- A messy room = a messy mind: How to declutter your life (nutritionalloveblog.com)